One of a kind, do it all machine. This revolutionary platform guarantees superior performance.
Experience, opportunity, innovation and technology collided to catalyze our new frame model, the Manta. Five years in the making, the Manta is a platform that leverages a patented, active suspension system at the rear wheel to enhance traction, power transmission and comfort to increase rider performance. Like all Calfee frames and components, the Manta is hand crafted and painted in our workshop in Santa Cruz County.
- Available in Pro (road), Adventure (endurance/gravel) and Cyclocross(CX) geometry
- Available with 12mm rear suspension (coil spring, 4 stiffness options) or a fixed/rigid rear wishbone
- Suspended Manta will no longer require struts under the BB
- Rim or dual disc brake (mechanical or hydraulic)
- Compatible with mechanical and/or electronic drivetrains, compatible with internal battery and wiring systems
- Multiple bb sizes available
- Pro tire clearance; 25c mounted on a wide road rim
- Adventure and CX tire clearance; 650b x 42mm and 700c x 35mm tire
- Internal rear brake cable routing
- 44mm head tube allows use of a tapered or straight steerer
- 56cm Manta frame w/suspension weighs 2.75 pounds
- Manta Pro frame retails for $4895
- 25 year warranty
- Crash protection; the registered owner is protected by a $350 carbon repair credit for a term of 5 years
Other Manta Photos
More About the Manta
- Fairwheel Bikes Project Bike (December, 2014); Calfee Manta Pro, Road Disc, summary, build detail and weight.
- Road Bike Action (August, 2014); Shootout, Calfee Manta vs. Trek Domane
- VeloLab Endurance Road Bike Test (June, 2014); one of only five bikes in the test, our Manta was lab and ride tested.
- Easton Cycling video; Craig Calfee introduces the Easton Manta
- Video; Easton Cycling, Introducing Easton’s Dream Bike Charity Raffle
- First Ride, print review by Road Bike Action
- First Sighting, Sea Otter Classic 2013, digital feature by Road Bike Action