Our lightest frame receives an update
Oversized head tube & down tube for stiffness. “As good as it gets” just got better.
Dragonfly 44 Pro
The Dragonfly tube set was designed to build the lightest possible bicycle frames without sacrificing stiffness, durability and ride quality. Our Dragonfly frame is now offered with a 44mm head tube and an oversized down tube. These changes create compatibility with tapered steerer forks, increases frame stiffness for a livelier feel, and provides more efficient power transmission.
Dragonfly 44 Adventure
This frame is a high-tech take on a frame that has traditionally been built out of steel or, more recently, titanium. This frame may be described as a Randonneur; a bicycle built for performance through comfort. Our definition of “comfort”, at least in this instance, is “avoiding those things that make a rider go slow”. Consider how wide-tire clearance, full-wrap fenders, integrated lighting systems, optional luggage, enhanced stability and improved vibration dampening, among other features, might enhance “comfort” and then “performance”.
Dragonfly 44 Pro Features:
- Available in Pro (road), Adventure (endurance/gravel/cyclocross)
- High tech boron/66 msi carbon fiber hybrid tubing
- High modulus carbon fiber pressure molded lugs
- Extra profiled titanium dropouts
- Optional S and S Machine couplers
- Optional PressFit 30 carbon bottom bracket shell (Carbon wrapped bb only – not lugged)
- Optional head tube and seat tube extensions
- Optional rear axle spacing, tire clearance, brake type, cable routing and threaded eyelets
- Optional custom frame geometry
- Frame stiffness options
- 25 year warranty
- Lighter, stiffer than Tetra and Luna
- As stiff as other carbon frames but more comfortable; no buzz
- More durable than other 2 pound frames
- History meets hi-tech with sculpted, carbon lugs
Dragonfly single and tandem lugs are pressure molded from high modulus fabric. With Dragonfly singles, lugs are made with carbon fabric formed around metal mandrels. These lugs and pre-mitered tubes are easily bonded together because they are so compatible. The carbon fibers are carefully oriented to put strength exactly where it’s needed while minimizing weight. Gussets are integrally formed with the fabrication of the joints, eliminating the inherent weakness of the tube and lug joint found in many other manufacturers designs. They are then meticulously carved to the optimum shape, taking into consideration the weight and intended use by the rider. They happen to look good because of their form-follows-function aesthetic. Read more…