The Luna 44 offers a durable, lightweight frame at a modest price.
The LUNA 44 has been upgraded with more performance through increased front end and bottom bracket stiffness. The LUNA 44 is livelier and dynamic without compromising the durability and sleekness we have all come to expect. Whether you’re descending, climbing in or out of the saddle, or sprinting the new LUNA 44 excels with confidence. A superb choice that truly represents great value.
Luna 44 Features:
- Available in Pro (road) and Adventure (endurance/gravel/cyclocross)
- Blended 33 and 42 msi roll-wrapped tubes
- Carbon fiber pressure molded lugs
- Titanium dropouts
- Optional S and S Machine couplers
- Optional PressFit 30 carbon bottom bracket shell (Carbon wrapped bb only – not lugged)
- Optional head tube and seat tube extensions
- Optional rear axle spacing, tire clearance, brake type, cable routing and threaded eyelets
- Frame stiffness options
- 10 year warranty
- Most affordable Calfee frame
- Least expensive US made carbon frame
- Most durable tube set
More about the Luna 44
Luna leverages a purposeful blend of standard modulus 33 msi carbon fiber with some intermediate modulus 42 msi fiber to achieve our famous ride quality. These seamless, roll-wrapped tubes have been optimized to transfer power without transferring vibration through the pedals, saddle and handlebars. Luna frames are as laterally stiff as the Tetra and are nearly as comfortable. What the thicker walled carbon fiber tubes give up in absorption, they make up for in durability as they resist compressive and impact forces better than our Tetra and Dragonfly tube sets.
Owing to this durability, Luna is ideal for off road and travel applications. The Luna Cross (CX) is one of the lightest, most durable and most versatile carbon cross frames on the market. Our CX model weighs three pounds in a 54cm and features top tube cable routing, a PressFit 30 carbon bottom bracket shell, titanium dropouts and mechanical or hydraulic disc brake compatibility.