When Calfee debuted our first Adventure bike in 2011, we were one among very few companies to offer this style of bike. Components were difficult to find, and if they could be found, the question was whether they could withstand the rigors of adventure-riding and bike-packing. Back in 2011, many asked us the question, “What are you going to do with that thing?” Nowadays, nearly every major bike company offers an adventure/gravel bike option, which answers the question: we could do even more than anyone anticipated.
Calfee offers our Adventure platform in every tubeset: Manta, Dragonfly, Tetra, and Luna. It is important to note that each of our frame models have a specific purpose. For instance, the Luna utilizes our most durable tubeset, while the Manta utilizes tapered tubes and patented rear-suspension technology. Since each frame we make is exclusive to each rider, we want to help you discover exactly which model and platform best suits your riding style.
All of our frames are handmade in Santa Cruz County, California and are backed by an unprecedented warranty. Calfee Design continues to build truly sustainable bikes that are made to last a lifetime. So, what’s your Adventure?
Calfee Adventure/Gravel Vision
Founded upon the DNA from our road frames, we designed our Adventure platform to be as versatile as you. Available in all of our models and tubesets, we build each frame to accept 700c, 650b, or both. The slackened head-tube and seat-tube angles allow for confidence on loose gravel roads, while preserving all the high-performance features. If you prefer an Adventure complete with frame bags, fender or rack mounts, you will travel in confidence and comfort without sacrificing weight or durability. We build every frame with your exact needs in mind. The Adventure is yours!
Overview of Adventure Platform:
- Available in our Manta, Dragonfly, Tetra, Luna or Bamboo frame models
- Choose Classic or 44 tubesets
- Performance-driven paired with versatility
- Utilizes slacker head and seat tube angles
- 43cm chainstays (+1.5cm more than Pro geometry)
- 7cm of bottom bracket drop to maintain performance
- 650b x 47mm and 700c x 45mm tire clearance available upon request
- Compatible with full-wrap fenders
- Flat-mount disc brake option (mechanical and hydraulic)
- Multiple full carbon fork (steerer and lowers) choices with disc brake and eyelet options
- Integrated lighting options
- Click here to review Adventure geometry and key features.
What’s Your Adventure?